Abstract Submission is now open. Please read the information below before you go to the following site for submitting your abstract:
Please submit in time! Deadline: May 6, 2016 @ 12 pm (Austrian time) at latest
Authors will be notified of the outcome of the review process by July 15, 2016.
The presenting author has to be fully registered to the conference until August 12, 2016, the date when the reduced Early Bird fee ends.
According to the conference policies, each paper must be presented by at least one fully registered author. One registered author may present a maximum of two papers. Oral and poster are equally treated. Papers for which there is no valid presenting author registered in time will be removed from the program.
To submit an abstract, this is what you need to do
- Register at the abstract submission platform by entering your email address and password of choice.
- Once signed in, you will first have to create an author account by giving your contact information. To do so, please click ‘create / update contact information’. You only have to do this once when entering the system for the first time.
- Then click ‘abstract submission’ and start submitting your abstract.
- Enter the title of your contribution and indicate your preferred contribution type (oral, poster).
- You will be asked to select a topic in which your contribution fits best. You are only allowed one choice. The topics and subtopics indicate typical but not exhaustive details to help you make the right choice.
- Enter the names and affiliations of all authors.
- Enter a short abstract of max. 125 words in TXT format. The short abstract will be included in the program app and the program guide if your abstract is accepted. Do not include tables, figures or references in the short abstract, or any additional information such as title, authors, etc. (it is only the short abstract required)
- Upload your full abstract as PDF-file only. For instructions how to prepare the abstract see below the Author instructions.
- Enter up to three keywords that relate to your abstract.
- You may check the completeness and correctness of your submission state by clicking on the “Review” button.
- Click ‘submit’, and you will receive a notification by email. Please note, once submitted you won’t be able to edit your submission.
- At any time during the submission process, you can click the ‚Save As Draft’ button to save your incomplete submission and return to finish it at a later time. Draft abstracts not submitted by May 6 will be deleted automatically.
Author instructions: how to prepare your abstract?
You need to prepare a one-page full abstract to be reviewed by the International Program Committee. Template files are provided for your convenience.
The abstract must be in English and must include:
- Title of the paper (same as on the web abstract registration)
- Last and first names, postal and affiliation addresses of the authors
- Email of the corresponding author; not necessarily the first author or the presenting author
- A one-page abstract (A4) in two column format (landscape): the first column should contain text only, while the second one should contain references, tables, formulas, graphs or photographs.
- Pdf format maximum size. Scanned pdf-files are not accepted. Files must be created using a pdf-distiller, all fonts must be embedded. The file may NEITHER contain any form of security, NOR bookmarks, links or multiple files in a single pdf file.
- Font: Times New Roman– Size: 8 – Line spacing: single – Word Software
Please click the link below to access the template:
- If you need to edit any author information or amend some of your abstract information in the drafts, it may be done until the submission deadline.
- Please note, once submitted you won’t be able to edit your submission.
- Changes can be requested by sending an email to the Conference Secretariat.
The quality of the abstracts will form the basis for selection for the MNE conference. Abstracts will be peer reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Scientific quality of the abstract
- Originality of the abstract
- Relevance to MNE conference
- Potential impact of the abstract
As in previous years, all presenters will be kindly asked to publish their contribution in one of four special issues of the Journal of Microelectronic Engineering. These issues are dedicated to MNE 2016, and your paper will be subject to a peer-review process before acceptance. Information on how to submit papers to these special issues will be made available at the Elsevier-website in due time.